Thursday, March 8, 2012

Simple Tips

During this time, while my husband is doing numerous jobs - including starting up his own businesses - money is tight.  I'm not talking about "not sure if I can afford that new cute top" - I'm talking about "not sure if we can pay the mortgage this month" type of tight.

(Now, my hubby is wonderful and our God is faithful and I can just now see the light at the end of the tunnel.  Way, way, WAY down there.....but I can see it! :)

Anyways, money is tight.  It's winter in Michigan and the air is SUPER dry in our house.  No humidifier to be had.  (don't those things break all the time anyways?!)  Yet someone mentioned to me using a crock pot filled with water as a home-made humidifier.  Brilliant!

So that's what I've been doing in our bedroom, at night, and it seems to really be helping!  Wow ~ cheap, simple solution!




Other ideas:  simmering water on the back of the stove, or on a wood-burning stove, or on a radiator, etc.  You can even add a few drops of essential oil or cinnamon sticks or orange peel ~ whatever floats your boat!





So what about YOU?!  What simple tips do you use throughout your days?  Tips that don't involve buying another machine or gadget, which only takes up space, time & money....but simple tips that make our days that much easier & enjoyable.  Please share!

Simply,
Lori


1 comment:

Amanda Lee said...

The dry air in Colorado was really rough. My oldest son would end up with severe nosebleeds. We learned to keep wet towel on the radiators, and even just to keep bowls of water in all the rooms. It is amazing how quickly a simple bowl of water evaporates in a dry winter climate. I'm glad you've found some relief!